Five Kitchen Remodelling Ideas
It’s one of the rooms we use the most and is considered by some to be the heart of a home. Since we literally prepare the food we need to survive in there and because food preparation is not only a social task but in some cases, it’s also a part of our cultural identity.
This means that a kitchen needs to reflect these special qualities, it also needs to be practical, and well equipped to handle the occupants’ requirements.
So, if you feel it’s time to give your kitchen a makeover, we’ve compiled five effective ideas that can inspire you when you start designing.
- Less can be more. If you’re more inclined to a minimalist aesthetic, your kitchen should be the key feature room to reflect that. A kitchen can easily look overly cluttered and when you’re opting for the minimalist, even a misplaced pan will be immediately visible. This clean, sharp, and practical approach isn’t for everyone though.
- The floor can change everything. You could consider adding a detailed and patterned floor tile for a more lively kitchen but be very selective about the colour and pattern you ultimately choose.
- Use bright colours. On the walls or even on the cabinets. If you want your kitchen to become a more fun and quirky area, play around with paint and patterned wallpaper.
- The island. When you’re after more surface space in a limited area, adding an island could drastically change the way in which you use your kitchen. If you have a larger space, adding an island that also doubles as a dining area will add a lot of warmth to the kitchen’s dynamic.
- Change your shelving. Another option for the braver among us. This is also very effective if you feel that your kitchen feels cramped. By removing some cabinets and opting for open shelving, your kitchen will appear to have more volume and a far airier flow.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it’s important that you consult with a designer or professional draughtsman if your kitchen remodel requires some structural changes.